Testosterone is a male hormone which is responsible for the growth of muscle mass.
Low level of testosterone can also lead to excessive hair loss as it is responsible for the growth of hair on your body.
It also improves sex drive, bone density and strength. You may also experience erectile dysfunction due to the low level of testosterone.
Our body produces testosterone naturally. But because of poor lifestyle, low level of testosterone is a common problem.
Because of which they find it hard to build muscle and also find it hard to maintain an erection and then few men start taking pills like viagra which is not bad but still it is better to get rid of the ED problem naturally.
Men start to lose out hair at a very early age and many other problems.
Some people inject testosterone in the form of drugs. We must know that once we start doing this, our body stops producing testosterone naturally.
This is not an ideal condition and it has a lot of side effects.
Wanna get over it? Just go through the whole blog and you’ll get to know a few daily routine mistakes that you make which somehow lowers down the testosterone level in your body which may also lead to Erectile dysfunction!
The food that we eat impact our hormones positively or negatively. Needless to say, one should maintain a balanced diet.
Specifically, if we talk about testosterone, three ingredients should be in your diet daily. These are:-
- Zinc– The foods which are good in zinc are spinach, kidney beans, garlic, flaxseeds, eggs, brown rice, peanuts and etc.
- Vitamin D– Talking about Vitamin D, the best natural source available to us is sunlight. so, one can sit in sunlight for about 15 to 20 minutes on a daily basis. However, the foods which are rich in vitamin D are mushrooms, Tuna, milk, eggs, etc.
- Fats– However, saturated fats are very much for boosting testosterone levels in the body. but one should keep in mind that the daily recommended intake of saturated fat is not more than 20 grams. So, some of the foods that are rich in saturated fats are egg yolks, chicken, coconuts, paneer, and other dairy products. If you add these foods in your diet you will see a good increase in your testosterone level.
The right type of exercise can have a dramatic effect on the production of testosterone.
Especially, weight training, when done 3 to 4 times a week can boost your testosterone level considerably.
Studies have suggested that the higher the intensity of the workout is, the greater will the response of testosterone.
So, doing short workouts not more than 45 minutes to 1 hour with the least amount of rest periods is very beneficial.
Also, Do not miss leg day. As legs have the biggest muscle and training them on a regular basis can lead to an increase in your testosterone level substantially.
so, weight training or any form of resistance training will help in increasing the production of testosterone.
When it comes to sleep. it is always about quality and not quantity.
After you wake up in the morning from a good sound sleep, your testosterone levels are at peak and slowly they drop by the evening.
So, it is to better to have a sound sleep of about 7 to 8 hours
To have a deep sleep, you can do two things:-
- To have a deep sleep try to maintain sleep timing so, that your body will get used to.
- Another thing you can do to have a sound sleep is that try to stay away from your phone and other electronic devices and this will definitely help your body to relax with ease.
When we are stressed out, our body produces a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol is inversely proportional to testosterone.
That means higher the level of cortisol in the body, the lower will be the testosterone.
Apart from this, there are many disadvantages to having a high cortisol level in the body.
- Disturbed sleep.
- Unhealthy food craving.
- Increased body fat.
- weak immune system.
So, one should make an effort to reduce the stress levels. you can work out, meditate, or you can do anything that you love doing will help you reducing stress with ease.
Few things to avoid
Now, there are 3 things that you should avoid or keep them in moderation when it comes to boosting your testosterone levels.
These are:- Cigarettes, alcohol, and processed sugar.
All three effects the body in such a way that it starts producing less amount of testosterone.
If you are overweight, shedding a few pounds can increase your testosterone levels.
According to studies, overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels.
So basically, if you follow the points that we already discussed above, you will be able to optimise your bodyweight.